Smart Traffic Management is a system where centrally-controlled traffic signals and sensors regulate the flow of traffic through the city in response to demand. Upgrading and integrating all the signals on the main roads in the city will:
- Reduce everyday congestion markedly, by smoothing traffic flows and prioritizing traffic in response to demand in real time.
- Reduce pollution throughout the city: stop-start driving is inefficient and polluting
It will also provide a perfect opportunity to install monitoring equipment to collect much more detailed traffic and journey data than we have now. Each set of traffic lights will have communication equipment that can be used to transmit (anonymous) vehicle data, either from ANPR cameras or Bluetooth detectors, and CCTV feeds (where appropriate).
ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) software uses OCR (Optical Character Recognition) capabilities for automatic recognition of vehicles number plates. ANPR allows you reliably identify vehicles with restrictions (stolen car, not licensed, unpaid fines, etc…), alerting the authorities when they have passed through inspection, allowing immediate action such as seizure of the vehicle, surrender of passengers and any other action.
When passing by the camera, ANPR get a photo of the vehicle’s number plate, registering it on an images database, with date, hour and camera information, allowing a lot of consults and a more effective traffic management.
Systems commonly use InfraRed (IR) lighting to allow the camera to take the picture at any time of the day. ANPR technology tends to be region-specific, owing to plate variation from place to place.
- Allows integration with external database
- Has internal database to record additional information
- Integration with control access devices
- Works with analog cameras converted to IP and IP cameras (see specifications)
- There is no limit to record of plates on database
- Allows you to read the plate of the vehicle at speeds up to 120 m/h
- Allows searches by date, time, plate, set characters, end plate, used cameras and other
- Allows you to generate reports of suspicious cars
- Allows you to print photos of cars plate
- Identifies the reading plate accuracy index in different colors